While Christmas gets a lot of attention–and rightfully so!-Easter is the most important date on the church calendar and annual celebration in our lives. Whether you and your group observe Lent or are wanting to dive into the life and work of Jesus leading into Easter, here are the top 5 studies from trusted teachers for Easter.
1. 40 Days through the Bible– Lysa TerKeurst & Joel Muddamalle
We know the Bible is a big book and can oftentimes feel overwhelming. Lysa and Proverbs 31 team have created an eight-week study that will help you understand the story of the Bible, from start to finish, along with its amazing promises.
- Take a journey through the storyline of the Bible in 40 days so you can see major themes, how they are all connected and what that means for us as we read the Bible today.
- Discover the eight major things humanity longs for and how Jesus fulfills all of them for us.
- Stop the endless cycle of seeking and searching for satisfaction and find the answers to your deepest longings.
Here’s a taste of what 40 Days through the Bible is all about:
2. Signs & Secrets of the Messiah: A Fresh Look at the Miracles of Jesus in the Gospel of John – Rabbi Jason Sobel
Does God still do miracles? It’s a question many ask when they read about the wonders God does in the Bible. In Signs and Secrets of the Messiah, Rabbi Jason Sobel seeks to answer this question by drawing on Jesus’ miracles in the Gospel of John, biblical culture, and ancient texts. He reveals how Jesus takes the ordinary and turns it into something extraordinary (He turned water into wine), gives new life (He healed the man at the Pool of Bethesda), and blesses you so you can bless others (He multiplied the loaves and fish). God still does the miraculous . . . if we only open our eyes to see it.
Watch the promo from Rabbi Jason:
3. Savior (Jesus Bible Study Series): The Story of God’s Rescue Plan – Passion Publishing
In the six lessons of Savior, you will explore how Jesus—being fully human but also fully divine—was able to offer himself as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. You will learn about Jesus’ mission for humanity, the kingdom of God he ushered in, and how he made a way for all who believe in him to be saved. Savior will help you see that even though God may feel distant at times, he is always working for your good and his glory. God has always been faithful to his people—and he always will be.
Watch the promo for the Jesus Bible Study Series:
4. Why Easter Matters – Andy Stanley
Have you ever been at odds with God? Have you resisted, defied, or tried to bargain your way out of what you thought God wanted? You aren’t alone. Scripture documents similar stories.
In this Easter Study, Andy Stanley looks at some of the people whose lives intersected with Jesus in the weeks leading to his crucifixion. Each of them had an agenda that put them at odds with God and Jesus. As you’ll see, there’s a little bit of them in all of us.
Watch the first session from Why Easter Matters:
5. The Case for Easter: Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus – Lee Strobel
In this four-week Easter study, Lee investigates the story surrounding the resurrection of Jesus—and how we can know that it is true.
In each session, you’ll explore:
- How to understand the differences between the Gospel accounts.
- How to use historical and medical evidence to build a strong case for Jesus’ resurrection.
- Why the Gospel writers are credible when they make this claim.
- Who witnessed Jesus alive after the crucifixion and how it’s clear that the early church carried on this teaching.
The Case for Easter invites you and your group to examine the evidence for yourselves and point you to the conclusion that Jesus was the Son of God who conquered the grave.
Watch this clip from The Case for Easter: